Planning the week’s menu is a big deal in our household…I even write it up on a big blackboard in the kitchen, café style. Loads more on meal planning yet to come, but for now, this what my family can expect this week…
- Lamb and Rosemary Skewers with White Bean Puree – serve with lightly steamed green beans drizzled with lemon.
- Spring Chicken Soup (Sophie loves the baby carrots!)
- Smoked Salmon, Dill and Asparagus Frittatta baked in the oven and accompanied by a big green salad (with sliced baby zucchini and a lemon vinaigrette).
- A simple pasta using organic whole wheat penne, tossed through with fresh cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, good olive oil, crushed garlic, rocket, basil and plenty of parmesan. Maybe even adding some fresh podded broad beans (it is Spring after all!) and some crumbled soft goat cheese or persian feta.
- A classic (and a little more time consuming) Wiener Schnitzel served with a fennel and radish slaw and crispy potatoes. I’ll try and make extra crumbed veal to pop in the freezer ready to cook at a later date (to make it seem worth the effort).
I’ll also be whipping up Bill Granger’s Apple, Dried Cherry and Almond Loaf which we love as a snack or toasted for breakfast (I tend to use diced fresh green apple instead of the dried apple that Bill suggests).