Équilibre brings you a fresh approach to exercise and eating well, an alternative to the hype and exaggerated promises we often see in the mainstream fitness and diet industry. What you WON’T find are quick fixes, miracle potions, celebrity diets or punishing regimes.
Staying healthy and fit should be a way of life – something you can sustain for the long term. It doesn’t mean that you should miss out on fabulous food or a great glass of wine. We educate and inspire you to adopt habits that will set you up for a lifetime of eating and exercising well – without sacrificing life’s little indulgences.
Sustainable exercise routines. Back-to-basics eating. Quality. Simplicity. Balance.
- Everyone needs exercise in some form or other. To be healthy. To feel good. To look good.
- We believe that exercise is about more than just weight loss or athletic ability – it’s about gaining health.
- Let’s not over complicated – exercise is simply a matter of moving your body MORE. Allocate the time; get the right intensity and make it part of your lifestyle.
- We encourage you to incorporate exercise as a way of life, expose you to different training methods and help you find a style that suits.
- We don’t seek to reinvent exercise – just make it more approachable, sustainable and enjoyable for more people.
- Food is an essential part of the art of living and should be savoured, enjoyed and respected.
- We endorse positive ‘back to basics’ eating – quality and variety over quantity – wholesome, nutritious and natural foods eaten as close to their original form as possible.
- DIET is a 4 letter word and you won’t find it in our vocabulary! There’s no diet pills, meal replacements or artificial anything. Life is simply too short.
- No more ‘all or nothing’, ‘feast or famine’… we’re all about a healthier relationship with food, where it’s a simple pleasure not an obsession.
- We inspire you to learn about the food you eat – with recipes, creative meal plans, information on local providores and simple, easy to adopt habits.
- Exercise and food should be viewed as part of your overall lifestyle. If work, family, sleep, organisation or stress levels are not ideal, this can negatively impact our ability to exercise and eat properly.
- There are times when your complete health and wellbeing may require a little help from medical or alternative health care practitioners – we’re happy to provide information and referrals, encouraging you to seek these out when needed.
- We want you to keep reading, learning and experiencing – a new place to dine; a holiday destination; a new cookbook. Stay inspired with our newsletter, blog and special events (wine tastings, cooking classes for a start) and learn to truly savour life!